Re: [CHEF] Aligning Cookbook Efforts

On 02/27/2012 08:17 PM, Judd Maltin wrote:
Sorry I'm late to the game, but my swift chef recipes are on github as
well.

No worries, better late than never :) Glad you've joined the fun!

> It's a fork of andi abes's recipes from back in mid 2011.  They
contain many an ugly hack and some half-baked ideas.  BUT, if you want
Ubuntu 10.04, munin, rsyslog, slogging and a bunch of other cool
stuff, please give them a try.  This is also a good impetus for me
updating my swift repo.

https://github.com/voxeldotnet/openstack-swift-chef

Interesting. Would you mind doing a code review on Mary Newby's Swift All in One cookbook? Could sure use your experience :)

https://review.openstack.org/#change,3613

Might be a good dip into the Gerrit world for ya, too ;)

As for your cookbooks, I'll look through them and ping you back on procedures to propose any of them for inclusion in upstream.

All the best!
-jay

Tally ho, folks!
-judd

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Matt Ray<matt@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
There's a dashboard cookbook in the diablo/stable branch used by TryStack.
https://github.com/trystack/openstack-chef/tree/stable/diablo/cookbooks

Thanks,
Matt Ray
Senior Technical Evangelist | Opscode Inc.
matt@xxxxxxxxxxx | (512) 731-2218
Twitter, IRC, GitHub: mattray

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Mike Perez<thingee@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Is anyone currently working on adding a Horizon cookbook? I would love to
make this happen or work with someone who has already started on this.
Thanks!

--
Mike Perez

On Monday, February 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:

These chef cookbooks are the ones maintained mostly by Dan Prince and
Brian Lamar and these are the cookbooks used by the SmokeStack project.
The cookbooks contained in the above repo can install all the core
OpenStack projects with the exception of Swift and Horizon.