Re: Essex-4 milestone available for Keystone, Glance, Nova and Horizon

Christian Berendt wrote:
> Hi ttx.
>
> On 03/02/2012 11:18 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> Swift does not follow the common milestones. The latest release is
>> 1.4.6, and tha last release available will be included in OpenStack
>> 2012.1 common release.
>
> We'll this be fixed in the future?

I would definitely prefer that all core projects follow the same
(time-based) milestones, as it makes the release management work (and
the communication around what's being worked on, which helps building a
community) a lot simpler.

That said, I respect that Swift is in a more mature,
slower-rate-of-change development state that makes frequent releases
more appropriate. So before pushing for convergence, I would encourage a
model that also does frequent releases for the other core projects.

Expect a discussion on that at the design summit.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack