Re: Ubuntu 12.04 B1, Keystone (redux) + Service Catalogs

Hey Kevin-

Some stuff in-line

On 03/08/2012 06:08 AM, Kevin Jackson wrote:
Dear all,
I've just installed Ubuntu 12.04 B1 with OpenStack from the Ubuntu repos.

I've set up keystone as per: https://github.com/uksysadmin/OpenStackInstaller/blob/essex/keystone-services.sh (which I based on the keystone.openstack.org <http://keystone.openstack.org> docs)

Thanks for the handy script!

I have raised a bug under Keystone (though more than likely this could be a Ubuntu specific bug from this version), but reading on the mailing list, hints that others have gotten further perhaps.

Bug #?

On setting up my environment vars (SERVICE_ENDPOINT, SERVICE_TOKEN) and trying --username and --password based auth to keystone I can view my endpoints, list users, roles, etc.

I think you're confusing the two sets of credentials. Currently, SERVICE_ENDPOINT + SERVICE_TOKEN are used to run admin commands against keystone (user-list, endpoint-create, etc) With these set, all commands are run in admin context against the admin URL (ks_host:35357/v2.0/) User-level commands (catalog, token-get, discover, etc) require regular user credentials passed and auth_url set to the :5000/v2.0/ URL. I believe the SERVICE_ENDPOINT + SERVICE_TOKEN environment variables override user-level credentials in keystone client, so if you're setting both you'll be hitting the admin URL which does not support the user-level stuff.

I used your script to bootstrap a fresh keystone and things worked as expected as long as the two user environments are kept isolated.

HTH,
Adam

On trying to do the following I get problems:

$ keystone discover
root@openstack2:/etc/keystone# keystone discover
No handlers could be found for logger "keystoneclient.client"
No Keystone-compatible endpoint found

root@openstack2:/etc/keystone# keystone token-get
'Client' object has no attribute 'service_catalog'

root@openstack2:/etc/keystone# keystone catalog
'Client' object has no attribute 'service_catalog'

Any pointers in what I've done wrong will be super.

Cheers,

Kev
--
Kevin Jackson