Re: OpenStack Installation Woes - Need re-assurance and help.

Just my 2 cents.

Shouldn't openstack be dependent only on a known set of package versions and not a distro?

It seems like it should be the job of openstack to define those versions and let the distro's match that as they choice.

If 12.04 matches these versions, then it should work, if something else matches these versions then that's fine also.

That would make me happy, and is sort of what devstackPY is doing right now (defining that concrete list).

That list seems like it should be maintained elsewhere though (and devstackPY should just reference it - ie the master list from a url or something).