Re: Removal of VSA Code

Hi Vish & All,

We would definitely prefer to leave the code in place and ready to fix any
issues related to it.

We found out that it is extremely hard to work with latest trunk version -
our QA was constantly complaining about different regression scenarios and
we decided to stick with released stable Nova branches and perform merges
either after main releases or major milestones.

The current VSA code in trunk is completely functional & working. We've
done tons of enhancements to it and added new functionality during last
4-5 month. As I mentioned before our plan was to merge it with latest
relatively stable Essex code and to have this code in somewhere at the
beginning of Folsom.

At the same time we understand your concerns - without proper
documentation and related packages (like VSA image & drive discovery
packages) it is very hard to use/test it.
We are ready to collaborate with whoever is interested in order to make
this functionality generic enough. From our side we will try to fix it.

Please let us know what should we do in order to leave it in place.

Thanks,
-Vladimir
Zadara Storage