Re: Removal of VSA Code

On Mar 15, 2012, at 8:48 AM, Vladimir Popovski wrote:

> Hi Vish & All,
>
> We would definitely prefer to leave the code in place and ready to fix any
> issues related to it.
>
> We found out that it is extremely hard to work with latest trunk version -
> our QA was constantly complaining about different regression scenarios and
> we decided to stick with released stable Nova branches and perform merges
> either after main releases or major milestones.

I think this decision led to the current problem.  You guys are the only ones testing/using the code and you are testing against stable/diablo.  There is no way for the current code to be maintained in this case.  If we ship the code that is in trunk now, it is broken with essex.  The only way for that not to occur in the future is if the authors of the code maintain responsibility for it keeping up with trunk. The time to try to fix this for essex was during e-4, not the last few days of the release candidate.

I think our best bet is still to pull it and merge it back in folsom if you guys are willing to keep up with trunk.  I still think it is better for you guys to ship separately since no one will be using the vanilla essex code anyway. I'm willing to leave the db code and migrations in if that makes shipping separately easier for you. Ultimately I really feel that vsa should be its own (potentially incubated) project.

Vish