From: openstack-bounces+john.garbutt=eu.citrix.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openstack-bounces+john.garbutt=eu.citrix.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Todd Deshane
Sent: 19 March 2012 10:32
To: Eduardo Nunes
Cc: openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openstack] [OpenStack] using xenapi hypervisor

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Eduardo Nunes <eduardo.kettz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wanna use the xenpi as a hypervisor, i see there are many tutorials,
> but almost all of then is using the devstack, i don't wanna use the
> devstack, is there a tutorial about how i create a domU, what image i
> sould use on the domU, an the conf of xen?

Some more general documentation has been started here:
https://review.openstack.org/#change,5419

The devstack scripts are written in bash and include example configurations within them so that you can make your own custom setups and scripts based on them.

There are also chef recipes for working with XenServer here:
https://github.com/openstack/openstack-chef/tree/master/cookbooks/xenserver

If you look carefully at the individual devstack scripts there are techniques to build stage files, build XVA files, etc.

The documentation linked from http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServer is still work in progress, but is written by the actual developers that are making all of this work. The latest devstack scripts are being used and tested by these developers as well.

The compute manual, devstack, chef scripts, etc. will evolve over time to include more details and even more information, but as things are built up, you should just ask if you don't understand something so that we can explain and then include more in the documentation.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Todd

--