Re: [OpenStack] Xen Hypervisor

On 03/21/2012 12:56 AM, Alexandre Leites wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> First let me say that i'm trying to install xen hypervisor and integrate
> it with OpenStack for more than one week. I'm studying OpenStack for a
> company and this company doesn't allow us to use ready scripts (Why?
> they want to be different from the whole world).
>
> I have used some links for references:
> https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/tools/xen/README.md
> http://wiki.openstack.org/XenAPI
> http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServer/DevStack
> http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServer/Install
> http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServerDevelopment
> http://wiki.openstack.org/XenXCPAndXenServer
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XAPI_on_Ubuntu
> http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XAPI_on_debian
> https://github.com/openstack/openstack-chef/tree/master/cookbooks/xenserver
> https://review.openstack.org/#change,5419
>
> Me and my coworker are trying to install this and integrate on a running
> and tested OpenStack infrastructure, so this machines will have just
> nova-compute service. He is trying with XCP and I with XenServer, so let
> me introduces our tries:
>
> 1. XCP On Ubuntu (Kronos)
> * Install fine
> * Doesn't work

Hi,

I've been working with Mike from Citrix on these packages. What exactly
did you install? Just what was available in Ubuntu? These packages would
need to be upgraded to what I've uploaded recently in Debian SID. There
are some notes available here:

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XCP_toolstack_on_a_Debian-based_distribution

When you say "Doesn't work", it isn't helpful to know what's wrong. Can
you describe a bit more what doesn't work?

Also, I would advise to try what's in Debian SID, which is more
up-to-date. BTW, if some Ubuntu folks are reading, I would strongly
advise to allow xen-api 1.3.2-4 to be taken from SID, and replace the
(buggy, with sometimes wrong dependencies) 1.3-15 version.

Cheers,

Thomas