Re: Please stop the devstack non-sense!

This is, indeed, the crux of the matter. The release cycle, for both diablo and essex, has been that all kinds of incompatible changes are made right until the end. During the critical month before release when we need as many people ad possible to deploy and test real clusters, documentation is not available. Devstack was a huge step forward in essex because it allowed people who already understood the differences between single and multi-node to understand and cope with the incompatible changes to the components in a way that was known (mostly) to be working. I would guess that for every person brave enough to publish their struggles on this list, there are many more who do not. The only ways I know to deal with this are:

1. More stability. Fewer incompatible changes. This will come over time.
2. Require blueprints, tagged as such, for every API and configuration change. Maintain a highly visible list.

The other is longer release cycles with longer freeze periods but that is not going to happen.

 -David