Re: Caching strategies in Nova ...

Ugh (reply vs reply-all again)

On 03/23/2012 02:58 PM, Joshua Harlow wrote:
> Right,
>
> Lets fix the problem, not add a patch that hides the problem.
>
> U can’t put lipstick on a pig, haha. Its still a pig...

When stuff is expensive to compute, caching is the only option (yes?).
Whether that lives in memcache, a db or in a dict. Tuning sql queries
will only get us so far. I think creating custom view tables is a
laborious and error prone tact ... additionally you get developers that
start to depend on the view tables as gospel.

Or am I missing something here?

-S