From: Vishvananda Ishaya [mailto:vishvananda@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 29 March 2012 19:15
To: John Garbutt
Cc: Salvatore Orlando; Alexandre Leites; Ewan Mellor; openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; todd.deshane@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openstack] [OpenStack] Xen Hypervisor

On Mar 29, 2012, at 7:40 AM, John Garbutt wrote:

If you want all your traffic going through a single nic (Management, Instance, Public), it might be possible using these settings:

public_interface=eth0

I don't think this will work unless the implementation is very different in xen.  xenbr0 will be bridged into eth0, so you actually want to be adding ips to the bridge not the raw eth device.  I would suggest

public_interface=xenbr0

Xen experts, please correct me if I'm wrong.

flat_interface=eth0
flat_network_bridge=xenbr0