Re: Dashboard VNC Console failed to connect to server

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Guilherme Birk <guibirk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

> I installed the nova-consoleauth service and that resolved the problem of
> 404 not found. Now I'm getting a cannot connect to the server
> 127.0.0.1:6080. The IP 127.0.0.1 is strange, because on my nova.conf file
> I have the following flags:

The 127.0.0.1 means that your flag is not taking effect.

If you are using essex you need:

--novncproxy_base_url=http://192.168.100.142:6080/vnc_auto.html

In https://review.openstack.org/6002 I explain that there are configuration
options that have changed for essex, this is one of them.  Let me know if
there is any way I can improve that explanation.

Is this a 1 machine deploy? Given that vncproxy_url (again that is an
outdated flag) references the same ip as the compute host, your configs
would only work for all-in-one.