Re: Metadata and File Injection (code summit session?)

EC2 is strategically important.  I don't believe that building "gold images" is the right focus for OpenStack.

Anyone wanting to use config-drive would need to support it in their images, that is a no-brainer. It should not be required that images launching in Nova via the EC2 API support config-drive. The EC2 metadata service must remain.

The EC2 API is intended to mimic EC2 behavior and provide compatibility. The OpenStack implementations should not diverge or break that compatibility.

--
Eric Windisch