Re: running HA cluster of guests within openstack

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Pádraig Brady <P@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/13/2012 10:31 AM, ikke wrote:
> I'll just point out two early stage projects
> that used in combination can provide a HA solution.
>
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Heat
> http://wiki.openstack.org/ResourceMonitorAlertsandNotifications
> cheers,
> Pádraig.

Thanks for the links, I'll look into them. It looks good having a
pluggable monitoring interface. By a quick look I don't see how do the
local driver connect to libvirt, is the alert notified in fast manner
or based on periodic polling. I need to take a further look into it.

Hopefully there could be local HW watchdog emulated in Qemu that would
somehow be connected to the plugin framework to allow fast reaction
times to guest being stuck.

Also, it would make sense to have some kind of a local decision done
immediately about the reboot of a stuck  guest, instead of taking time
to report it centrally and wait for the central manager decision.

cheers,
Ilkka