Re: nova.conf query

On 04/16/2012 06:17 AM, Salman Malik wrote:
Hi All,

A quick question regarding nova.conf: How can I modify nova.conf and get
it to work with devstack. The problem that I am facing is after
modifying nova.conf, I have to reboot so as to restart services. But
when I reboot, devstack needs to be reinstalled all over again using
stack.sh and in the process it rewrites /etc/nova/nova.conf.

devstack supports an EXTRA_OPTS flag in it's localrc that will let you set additional values in there. You can set more than one flag by using bash arrays, i.e.:

EXTRA_OPTS=(logdir=/var/log/nova auto_assign_floating_ip=True)

If you are using devstack, it's quite worth reading through the script as well. It's pretty well documented, and there are lots of gems in there like that.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
IBM Linux Technology Center