nova.conf query

Hi All,

A quick question regarding nova.conf: How can I modify nova.conf and get it to work with devstack. The problem that I am facing is after modifying nova.conf, I have to reboot so as to restart services. But when I reboot, devstack needs to be reinstalled all over again using stack.sh and in the process it rewrites /etc/nova/nova.conf.

Also according to documentation we can set flags in nova.conf using --<flag_name>=<flag_value> format. Is that an obsolete format ? (because the nova.conf that devstack creates don't have any -- in it).

Please let me know how to effectively modify nova.conf so that the changes take effect (I am looking forward to change the network manager...)

Thanks!

Salman

Follow ups