Energy efficiency

Hi,

Me and my colleague are doing research about openstack and energy
efficiency during part of our master thesis about cloud computing. And
mayby we would like to write something inside nova-scheduler to dynamically
manage vms from cloud administrator's point of view. the general idea is to
automate process of vm migration to suite current policy. For example, we
have 10 servers in cloud with nova-compute, each is capable of running 5
vm. I'd like to run 20 vms. Aaccording to current nova-scheduler (filters),
each server will run 2 VMs, but it would be cheaper (this is policy defined
by administrator) if we run all of them on just 4 servers. of course, cloud
has to keep proper QoS rate (response time etc.). This is general idea.

Energy efficiency is really popular topic, when we talk about
servers,datacenters and virtualization, but I can't find any papers about
it in context of openstack. Are there any projects doing such researches or
articles? in fact it would be really surprising if there is nothing about
energy efficiency in context of openstack.

Cheers,

Follow ups