Summary of QA Weekly Status meeting

The QA team had its weekly IRC meeting today. Here is a summary of the progress and decisions coming out of the meeting.

* Progress

There were a bunch of problems that were preventing the tempest gating job from running successfully. The last (:-) ) problem was identified. We hope to turn this on to gate checkins to Tempest itself by the end of the day. Thanks to Monty Taylor for his continuing attention to this. We will also be doing a complete tempest run each day to check on other projects and hope that identified bugs can be fixed quickly. We will soon start running the stress tests nightly as well.

 A set of tempest tests for Swift should be coming online next week.

* Decisions made

New tempest tests that do not require a lot of changes will be backported to tempest essex/stable. We will do a nightly run to check on changes that are made to other essex/stable branches. A few more changes need to go into tempest stable/diablo but, generally, new tests will not be backported there.

We have been focusing on black-box tests to get wide coverage. A lot of progress has been made and we are now going to be looking at white-box tests as
well.

* Outstanding Reviews

Community, please feel free to provide code reviews on outstanding Tempest merge proposals:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/tempest,n,z

Thanks!
-David