Re: ceilometer (java implementation)

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM, Luis Gervaso <luis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have uploaded a toy version of ceilometer (java implementation).
>
> It does implement the first two counters (instance : rabbitmq listener and
> cpu : polling from libvirt)
>
> i need more clarification on the meaining:
>
> counter_volume
> counter_duration
> counter_datetaime
>
> I hope this helps to figure out how to agreggate these data.
>
> http://github.com/woorea/ceilometer-java

Nice!

I have also been experimenting. I have some Python code in
https://github.com/dhellmann/metering-prototype that listens for
notifications related to instances (create, delete, exists) and converts
them to counter output (see spy.py). There is also a pair of scripts for
recording an event stream and playing it back (useful for testing, see
recorder.py and player.py). I don't have any libvirt polling, yet, though.

In the course of looking at the notifications being generated for different
scenarios, I discovered that the instance delete messages do not have any
duration information right now. I don't know if that is a bug, or if the
idea is to figure out the durations from looking at the most recent
"exists" event. What do other people think?

Doug