Re: [Metering] Meeting agenda for Thursday at 16:00 UTC (May 17th, 2012)

On 05/16/2012 08:44 PM, Nick Barcet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The metering project team holds a weekly meeting in #openstack-meeting,
> Thursdays at 1600 UTC
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=16&min=0&sec=0>.
> Everyone is welcome.
>
> Since we were not able to conclude on the API discussion last week we
> continued our dicussions on the list and on the #openstack-metering
> channel and are now coming with a better proposal (or we are at least
> hoping it is better).
>
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda
> Topic: external API definition (part 2)
>
>   * Agree on update to schema to include JSON formated metadata as
>     described at [1]
>   * Agree on API proposal described at [2]
>   * Agree on format for date_time.  Suggestion is to use ISO but seeking
>     validation for best practice for REST
>   * Agree on the use of a transparent cache for aggregation
>   * Open discussion (if we have any time left)
>
> [1] http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering#Storage
> [2] http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering/APIProposalv1

The meeting took place yesterday, a summary follows.

=========================
#openstack-meeting Meeting
==========================

Meeting started by nijaba at 16:01:26 UTC.  The full logs are available
at
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/openstack-meeting/2012/openstack-meeting.2012-05-17-16.01.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------

* agenda http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda  (nijaba,
  16:01:26)

* actions from previous meetings  (nijaba, 16:02:14)
  * dachary add info to the wiki on the topic of poll versus push
    (nijaba, 16:02:26)
  * dhellmann: reformulate the API proposal as a start point for the
    dicussion on the ML  (nijaba, 16:03:25)

* Agree on update to schema to include JSON formated metadata  (nijaba,
  16:05:55)
  * LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering#Storage  (nijaba,
    16:05:55)
  * AGREED: to update to schema to include JSON formated metadata
    (nijaba, 16:10:40)

* Agree on API proposal  (nijaba, 16:10:56)
  * LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering/APIProposalv1
    (nijaba, 16:10:56)
  * AGREED: on API proposal
    http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering/APIProposalv1  (nijaba,
    16:15:01)
  * ACTION: flacoste to follow on the discussion about a bus only
    implementation  (nijaba, 16:17:43)

* Agree on format for date_time  (nijaba, 16:15:22)
  * Suggestion is to use ISO but seeking validation for best practice
    for REST  (nijaba, 16:15:22)
  * ACTION: nijaba to add the use to UTC for datetime  (nijaba,
    16:17:03)
  * AGREED: to use ISO for datetime  (nijaba, 16:18:54)

* Agree on the use of a transparent cache for aggregation  (nijaba,
  16:19:11)
  * AGREED: caching is an implementation detail  (nijaba, 16:23:58)

* Open discussion  (nijaba, 16:24:28)
  * ACTION: dhellmann to document a counter for discrete event as an
    example  (nijaba, 16:29:02)

Meeting ended at 16:31:15 UTC.

Action items, by person
-----------------------

* dhellmann
  * dhellmann to document a counter for discrete event as an example
* flacoste
  * flacoste to follow on the discussion about a bus only implementation
* nijaba
  * nijaba to add the use to UTC for datetime

Next week's meeting will cover the choice of a messaging queue for the
project.

Cheers,
--
Nick Barcet <nick.barcet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>