Re: SAN and Fibrechannel with OpenStack

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your answer. I will definitely give openstack a try. Not only a try, I will try to make it work.

Wolfgang

On 05/17/2012 09:40 AM, Diego Parrilla Santamaría wrote:
Hi Wolfgang,

latest versions of our distro supports NFS as backend storage for
instances, volumes and images. Basically a zone shares the same NFS
mountpoint for instances and another mountpoint for volumes, and I guess
it does not differ a lot from what you want to do with FC or iSCSI.

It's in our immediate roadmap to use FC and iSCSI instead of NFS, but
may be you can give a try to our NFS stuff until then ;-)

Cheers
--
Diego Parrilla
<http://www.stackops.com/>*CEO*

****

*

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Wolfgang Hennerbichler
<wolfgang.hennerbichler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:wolfgang.hennerbichler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    dear openstack godfathers;

    I do plan to migrate from crappy vmware and some ibm based cloud
    stack to openstack and kvm. here's the thing: I am lucky enough to
    have decent hardware, all the compute nodes are interconnected via
    fibre channel.
    so I don't want and don't need iscsi. do you think I can make it
    with something like clvm? I read through the docs of openstack, but
    I am not really sure now if I can make clvm fly without hacking
    around in openstack (and nova-volume) too much, especially when it
    comes to live migration and so on...

    I realize OpenStack was not built for SAN and FC, but I would really
    like to hear your opinions on that.
    Thanks,

    Wolfgang
    --
    DI (FH) Wolfgang Hennerbichler
    Software Development

DI (FH) Wolfgang Hennerbichler
Software Development
Unit Advanced Computing Technologies
RISC Software GmbH
A company of the Johannes Kepler University Linz

IT-Center
Softwarepark 35
4232 Hagenberg
Austria