Re: Signed Tokens

On 06/01/2012 05:56 PM, Adam Young wrote:
The signed tokens work has been updated. I think this is the final architecture.

https://github.com/admiyo/keystone/commits/signed-tokens-5

Not all of the unit tests run. Some of the Memcache tests are suspect, and I wonder if we even need memcache support for tokens in the middle ware. I think we don't.

Also, the Diablo tokens are not supported. I think we can safely deprecate them for Folsom.

keystone/config.py
line 156
gyee: Maybe "token_signing" instead of "signing"? Signing still sound too generic: ayoung: This is a generic signing cert, although it is only used for tokens, it could be used for something else as well. I think signing is appropriate

keystone/middleware/auth_token.p
line 146:
gyee:May want to do os.umask() to protect the signing dir.
ayoung: agreed.

line 597:
gyee: You are assuming openssl is available. May want to do a sanity check first. ayoung: the Packages will 'Require' Openssl, and we will put it into the package list for Devstack as well.

gyee: May want to introduce some timeout logic to force process termination in case it hangs or did not finish on time. ayoung: We are not consuming entropy with the signing or verification process, so hanging is likely not an issue. I don't think Eventlet makes that kind of code easy to write, either. If we see signs of hanging, then we will deal with it.

keystone/service.py
line 505:
gyee: certfile.close
ayoung: yes