python novaclient's response when extension is disabled

Currently, if an extension is disabled, there will be no clear information like "extension is not support", instead, it will return " ERROR: n/a (HTTP 404)", like followed output in my devstack.

yjiang5@yjiang5-linux1:~/work/openstack/devstack$ nova hypervisor-list
ERROR: n/a (HTTP 404)

I'm not sure if this is the expected response. Per my understanding, python nova-client should tell user clearly that the extension is not supported. This can be achieved by checking the " v2/extensions" API, either at nova-client start stage, or at the time that the extension get "HTTP 404" error.

Is my understand correct? If yes, we can create a blueprint and provide patches.

Thanks
--jyh

Follow ups