From: openstack-bounces+john.garbutt=citrix.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openstack-bounces+john.garbutt=citrix.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Afef MDHAFFAR
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:39 AM
To: openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openstack] openstack -- xcp - devstack

Actually, when I deeply looked on the problem, I found that  there is no partition in the device that could be mapped by the kpartx command.

Any ideas how to solve it?

Thank you,
Afef
2012/9/26 Afef MDHAFFAR <afef.mdhaffar@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:afef.mdhaffar@xxxxxxxxx>>
Hi all,

I am trying to install openstack via devstack.
I use Ubuntu Server 12.04 and XCP.
I mainly followed this link : https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/tools/xen/README.md.
The execution of the script hangs in this state:
************************
+ echo 'Waiting for DevStackOSDomU to finish installation...'
Waiting for DevStackOSDomU to finish installation...
+ sleep 20
+ true
++ xe_min vm-list name-label=DevStackOSDomU power-state=halted
++ local cmd=vm-list
++ shift
++ xe vm-list --minimal name-label=DevStackOSDomU power-state=halted
+ state=
+ '[' -n '' ']'
I thought that installing DomU from the scratch could take time, and I waited more 1H and 30 min. Unfortunately, nothing happened.

Then, I tried to shutdown the machine manually via : xe vm-shutdown name-label=DevStackOSDomU force=true. The script continues working, but it then exits while showing a mapping error : Failed to find mapping

Would you please help to fix this problem?

Thank you

Best regards,
Afef

--