Re: Regarding Tempest for Integration testing of Openstack Environment

On 9/26/2012 2:55 AM, Girija Sharan wrote:
Hello all,

I am using Tempest *stable/essex* not master. And in stable/essex there are very less number of tests as compared to tests in master. Would you please suggest me which one should I use.

One important thing is that in master version there are couple of tests in network directory but there are no such tests in stable/essex. Please explain little bit about purpose of these tests.

Actually I want to test Quantum networks. Will these tests in Tempest master be sufficient for that ??

Thanks and Regards,
Girija Sharan Singh

Tempest stable/essex is tracking the stable/essex releases of the projects being tested. It is basically the state of tempest as of when essex was released with a few updates after that. The main line of tempest work since then has been on master which is why there are a lot more tests. You should use master. A number of people are working on tempest/quantum testing. There was a discussion a week or two ago based on this http://etherpad.openstack.org/quantum-tempest. I suggest you coordinate with those folks so as to not duplicate effort.

 -David