Re: Distributed configuration database

Puppet is great for this sort of thing. There are various ways of querying
parameters and making choices about them. A typical example would be where
you want to adjust a configuration parameter due to memory configuration or
network.

Writing the puppet configuration is not difficult... Puppetlabs have an
excellent and actively maintained configuration suite on the puppetforge for
OpenStack along with tutorial videos.

Chef support is also there so there is choice. The DevOps panel gives some
discussion around this
(http://www.openstack.org/summit/san-diego-2012/openstack-summit-sessions/pr
esentation/devops-panel)

I think building an openstack specific database for configuration would be
hard work to include all of the flexibility that Puppet offers.  It is worth
having a good look at puppet or chef before starting this.

Tim