Re: resizing instance fails

On Dec 5, 2012, at 2:27 PM, Clint Walsh <Clinton.Walsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Vish,
>
> thanks for the clarification re hostnames.
>
> NeCTAR uses shared storage across compute nodes for VM images storage and our compute nodes hostnames resolve
>
> Is there a way around passwordless access between compute nodes for the above config as the VM file doesnt need to be moved
> its already on all compute nodes within a cell.

If you are using shared storage then you probably should use live-migrate instead of resize, but unfortunately this requires libvirt on the nodes to talk though so you need either passwordless access or some kind of tls keys.

If you don't mind rebooting then you might be able to use something along the lines the evacuate code that is under review now:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/11086/

This allows vms to be restarted on another node even if the original host is down.

Vish