Re: S3 Token

On 12/08/2012 08:22 AM, Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on removing the swift+keystone middleware from keystone, we have moved it already as keystoneauth since last OpenStack release into the main swift repository.

One thing that left in keystone is the s3_token middleware. Since in OpenStack/Swift we are not supporting third party API this could not be moved there.

The options :

1) Keep s3token in keystone

As a Keystone core developer, I have to say that I don't see it as a huge burden to keep it in place. We want to maintain API backward compatability, and removing it would break that. We should deprecate it and get people to sign off on a complete removal before taking it out of keystone.

2) Remove s3token from keystone and try to convince the swift3 maintainer to integrate it.

3) Try to figure out if there is actually people using this and if not just nuke it.

4) move s3token to its own repo on github somewhere.

i personally would vote for number three, I don't think much people using this (i.e: swift+keystone+s3) or at least I didn't hear many feedback about the middleware.

Chmouel.