Re: [openstack] config_drive <Image UUID> doesn't create disk.config

Hi Vish,

I will work on this block_device_mapping enhancement if there are no other
guys working on this.

Best regard,
David Geng

             Vishvananda
             Ishaya
             <vishvananda@gmai                                          To
             l.com>                    Jian Hua Geng/China/IBM@IBMCN,
                                                                        cc
             12/06/2012 02:37          openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                       Re: [Openstack] [openstack]
                                       config_drive <Image UUID> doesn't
                                       create disk.config

On Dec 4, 2012, at 3:48 AM, Jian Hua Geng <gengjh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

      Vish,

      Many thanks for u comments, but as you know to support windows
      sysprep image, we need save the unattend.xml in the CDROM or C:\
      device. So, we want to extend the config drive to attach a CDROM
      device when launch VM.

      Anyway, I think attach a CDROM when launch new VM is a common
      requirement, right?

Sounds like we need some modifications to allow for an attached cd-rom to
be specified in block_device_mapping.

Vish

GIF image

GIF image