Instance flavor root disk partition problem

Hi,

I have set up a CentOS VM according to this tutorial

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/OpenStac
k/page/Creating%20qcow2%20CentOS%20Image%20for%20OpenStack?lang=en

I uploaded it to glance and can boot up a nice instance (1cpu, 1GB RAM). The
disk size is 10GB because that is the size I set up for the image.

However my problem comes when I want to set a root disk, e.g. 15GB. The
Instance boots normally, if I do an fdisk –l I can see that the size of the
disk is 15GB however the partition still has the original size, i.e. 10GB,
and if a do a df –h it in fact only says I have 10GB.

This does not happen for example with the cirros image. How can I make the
15GB available on the VM when it boots?

Thanks,

João

Follow ups