Re: openstack folsom node compute status XXX

hi:
I  checked the time between two computer , it looks like that node computer  has synchronized  to controller computer , How did you do that when you meet this problem!

At 2012-12-26 18:02:59,"Yan Zhai" <zhaiyan920@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 I met such problem before, too. Just ntpdate does not work for me, you need to ensure it synchronized to a central node.

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 2:58 AM, jt628910 <jt628910@xxxxxxx> wrote:

hi Afef Mdhaffar:
I have done ntpdate command before run "nova-manager service list"
so I think it is not a synchronisation problem.
jt628910

From: Afef Mdhaffar
Date: 2012-12-26 16:51
To: jt628910
Subject: Re: [Openstack] openstack folsom node compute status XXX
It is probably a synchronisation problem.

2012/12/26 jt628910 <jt628910@xxxxxxx>

hi all:
I have a problem , when I installed openstack on two computers , one as controller ,the other as node computer,   computer  OS(rhel6.2)
controller(server name: openstack) , I installed keystone glance nova
nova.conf

[DEFAULT]
logdir = /var/log/nova
state_path = /var/lib/nova
lock_path = /var/lib/nova/tmp
volumes_dir = /etc/nova/volumes
dhcpbridge = /usr/bin/nova-dhcpbridge
dhcpbridge_flagfile = /etc/nova/nova.conf
force_dhcp_release = True
injected_network_template = /usr/share/nova/interfaces.template
libvirt_nonblocking = True
libvirt_inject_partition = -1
network_manager = nova.network.manager.FlatDHCPManager
iscsi_helper = tgtadm
sql_connection = mysql://nova:nova@10.1.82.32/nova
compute_driver = libvirt.LibvirtDriver
firewall_driver = nova.virt.libvirt.firewall.IptablesFirewallDriver
rpc_backend = nova.openstack.common.rpc.impl_qpid
rootwrap_config = /etc/nova/rootwrap.conf

auth_strategy=keystone
compute_scheduler_driver=nova.scheduler.filter_scheduler.FilterScheduler
my_ip = 10.1.82.32
public_interface = eth0
flat_network_bridge = br100
flat_interface = eth0
fixed_range = 192.168.100.0/24
libvirt_type = kvm
connection_type = libvirt
novncproxy_base_url = http://10.1.82.32:6080/vnc_auto.html
vncserver_proxyclient_address = 10.1.82.32
vncserver_listen = 10.1.82.32

# APIS

osapi_compute_extension=nova.api.openstack.compute.contrib.standard_extensions

ec2_dmz_host=10.1.82.32

s3_host=10.1.82.32

# RABBITMQ
rabbit_host=10.1.82.32

api_paste_config=/etc/nova/api-paste.ini

[keystone_authtoken]
admin_tenant_name = service
admin_user = nova
admin_password = nova
auth_host = 127.0.0.1
auth_port = 35357
auth_protocol = http
signing_dirname = /tmp/keystone-signing-nova                                                                                                                                                     1,1          顶端

node computer(node2) , I installed nova-compute nova-network
[...]

my_ip = 10.1.82.35
public_interface = eth0
flat_network_bridge = br100
flat_interface = eth0
fixed_range = 192.168.100.0/24
libvirt_type = kvm
connection_type = libvirt
novncproxy_base_url = http://10.1.82.32:6080/vnc_auto.html
vncserver_proxyclient_address = 10.1.82.35
vncserver_listen = 10.1.82.35

# APIS

osapi_compute_extension=nova.api.openstack.compute.contrib.standard_extensions

ec2_dmz_host=10.1.82.32

s3_host=10.1.82.32

# RABBITMQ

rabbit_host=10.1.82.32

api_paste_config=/etc/nova/api-paste.ini

[keystone_authtoken]
admin_tenant_name = service
admin_user = nova
admin_password = nova
auth_host = 10.1.82.32
auth_port = 35357
auth_protocol = http
signing_dirname = /tmp/keystone-signing-nova                                                                                                                                                              1,1          顶端

run  nova-manager service list
result:

[root@openstack ~]# nova-manage service list
Binary           Host                                 Zone             Status     State Updated_At
nova-compute     openstack                            nova             enabled    :-)   2012-12-26 08:16:54
nova-scheduler   openstack                            nova             enabled    :-)   2012-12-26 08:16:53
nova-network     openstack                            nova             enabled    :-)   2012-12-26 08:16:48
nova-cert        openstack                            nova             enabled    :-)   2012-12-26 08:16:48
nova-consoleauth openstack                            nova             enabled    :-)   2012-12-26 08:16:53
nova-compute     node1                                nova             enabled    XXX   None
nova-network     node1                                nova             enabled    XXX   None
nova-compute     node2                                nova             enabled    XXX   None
nova-network     node2                                nova             enabled    XXX   None

and I do not find any error in /var/log/nova/*

Did I miss somethings

Expect your answer!Thanks!
jt628910

M. Sc. Afef Mdhaffar
Distributed Systems Group

Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
University of Marburg
Hans-Meerwein-Str. 3
D-35032 Marburg, Germany
Phone: +49 6421 28 21 521