Re: Quantum DHCP Agent does not put hostnames in dnsmasq config file

Thomas-

You are not missing anything.  The DHCP hostname is auto generated because Nova does not currently provide this information to Quantum when creating the port and Quantum does not have the ability to query the Nova API.  Quantum and Nova should not directly access the other component's database, so changes would be needed in API interaction between Nova and Quantum to make this work.

mark