Re: Openstack Version (Essex or Folsom)

Ah! It looks like you've changed the default availability zone for your two
nodes.  Host "compute1" is in AZ "compute1", host "compute2" is in AZ
"compute2".

What does "nova-manage service list" show?

How about trying the following to boot an instance on compute2 (basically
the format of the value for the availability-zone parameter is
"<availability zone name>:<compute node hostname>"):

nova boot --flavor 1 --image ubuntuRebel --availability-zone
compute2:compute2 myInstanceName

Thanks,

Nate