Re: Can't ping self public IP address

I believe that this bug only happens if:

a) you have your floating ips on a different interface from your flat ips
b) you are using an external gateway for the fixed ips (a custom dnsmasq config file)

I've noticed that self-ping also breaks if you have dmz_cidr set to your fixed_range (this isn't necessary and should be removed)

I suspect you don't have the broken setup, because it also seems to completely break floating ips per this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1096985

Assuming you are hitting the same bug, there isn't really a good workaround besides merging the patch.

Vish