Re: [SWIFT] Change the partition power to recreate the RING

John and swifters,
	I see this problem as a big problem and I think that the scenario
described by Alejandro is a very common scenario. I am thinking if it is
possible to have like two rings (one with the newer extended power, one
with the existing ring power), when significant changes made to the
hardware, partition, a new ring get started with a command, and new data
into Swift will use the new ring, and existing data on the existing ring
still available and slowly (not impact the normal use) but automatically
moves to the new ring, once the existing ring shrinks to the size zero,
then that ring can be removed. The idea is to sort of having two virtual
Swift systems working side by side, the migration from existing ring to new
ring being done without interrupting the service. Can we put this
topic/feature as one to be discussed during the next summit and to be
considered as a high priority feature to work on for coming releases?

Thanks.

Tong Li
Emerging Technologies & Standards
Building 501/B205