From: Huang Zhiteng [mailto:winston.d@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 8:40 AM
To: harryxiyou
Cc: openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, (openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx); yang, xing
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Volume driver in Cinder by ISCSI way

For development efforts, it is better to use openstack-dev list instead of this general openstack list.  You can also join #openstack-cinder IRC channel in freenode for online discussion with cinder developers.
On Jan 18, 2013 9:27 PM, "harryxiyou" <harryxiyou@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:harryxiyou@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM, yang, xing <xing.yang@xxxxxxx<mailto:xing.yang@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
> Hi Harry,
>
> If you have questions about EMC volume driver, you can email me.

Thanks for your help, that's very kind of you ;-)

EMC is not open-source code project, right? And Openstack support EMC
by iSCSI way. That is to say, iSCSI is the bridge to connect Openstack and
EMC, right? Could you please give me the docs of
https://github.com/openstack/cinder/blob/master/cinder/volume/drivers/emc.py
I wanna understand how to realize EMC's iSCSI driver.

By the way, if i wanna add a driver(a block storage system by iSCSI way) for
Openstack Cinder, i should just add my driver file under the dir,
https://github.com/openstack/cinder/blob/master/cinder/volume/drivers
like emc.py, right?

--
Thanks