Re: Volume driver in Cinder by ISCSI way

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM, yang, xing <xing.yang@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Harry,

Hi Xing,

> EMC’s volume driver (implemented in emc.py) is open source but EMC storage
> is not.  EMC volume driver allows users to provision EMC storage in
> OpenStack.  This is the same case with many other vendor provided drivers.
> The EMC volume driver that is available currently supports iSCSI protocol on
> VNX and VMAX/VMAXe arrays.
>
> I have a README for how to use this driver in Folsom.  See the following
> link:
> https://github.com/xing-yang/emc-openstack-cinder
>

> We are still doing development for Grizzly, so I don’t have a README yet.
> You can take a look of the Folsom doc to get started.  Let me know if you
> have any questions.
>
> To add another driver, you can just add it under cinder/volume/drivers like
> emc.py.

Thanks for your help ;-)
Actually i wanna let Openstack support HLFS, which is a sub-project of Cloudxy.
Our project web is: http://code.google.com/p/cloudxy/
HLFS's doc is: http://code.google.com/p/cloudxy/wiki/HlfsDesign .

And we will first realize Openstack support driver by QEMU/Libvirt way like
Sheepdog. Then we will also realize Openstack support driver by iSCSI. At
that time, if i happen to some questions, i will suerly ask you, would
you? ;-)
Do you understand sheepdog's driver by QEMU/Libvirt in details? If i add a
QEMU/Libvirt driver to let Openstack support HLFS, I should change following
stuffs, right?

1, add driver file to the dir (the same as sheepdog),
      https://github.com/openstack/cinder/blob/master/cinder/volume/drivers
2, change the file (Let libvirt attach HLFS volumes to QEMU, the same
as sheepdog),
      https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py

Do you have any other suggestions?

--