Re: Hardcoding of requests in client

Am 06.02.2013 17:29, schrieb Dean Troyer:
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Chuck Short <chuck.short@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So during our regular package builds we been noticing a lot of failures due
to requests being hardcoded to <1.0. An example of this is the following
(for glance) can be found at:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/1616835/

This is due to python-keystoneclient having a hard dependency of requests
=0.8.8,<1.0. I would like to propose that we update the dependencies for
the clients to at least >=1.0. Most Linux distros for example, Ubuntu,  are
using requests 1.1.  Making glance and python-keystoneclient not intsallable
on the same system on raring.

Go for it, but you'll have to do all of the clients at the same time,
which is the reason for the pinning.  Lovely incompatible lib
dependency changes in one project have that nice domino effect...

dt

Actually, I already filed several reviews for that:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/20479/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/20119/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/20127/

Feel free to add some weight to the open ones. I wanted to get some feedback before adding reviews to the missing components (glance,ceilometer).
--
With kind regards,
Sascha Peilicke