发件人:Huang Zhiteng
发送时间:2013-02-19 10:59
主题:Re: Re: [Openstack] [Nova] Question about multi-scheduler
收件人:"Wangpan"<hzwangpan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
抄送:"openstack _社区"<openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Oh, I got it.  I remember in last conference, Ryan Richard's
'consideration for building an openstack private cloud' mentioned
using more than one scheduler instances to do HA when the cluster
becomes large (this is not in his slides where you can find on
slideshare.net but he orally mentioned it).  But he also mentioned
that adding more scheduler instances didn't help reducing processing
time, which I suspect it won't reduce processing time for single
request but it surely increase the concurrency of scheduler so should
be helpful for large number of requests use case.

Are you referring to certain new feature of Nova when saying 'multi
scheduler property' or just referring to any method that running
multiple nova scheduler instances?

For latter, I think this is surely doable and someone out there has
been using this kind of technique (in production I guess).