Re: [Quantum/OVS] Br-int not responsive after network node reboot

Le 19/02/2013 13:31, Gary Kotton a écrit :

The problem is as follows:
When you reboot the host the openvswitch will create the interfaces on restart. this causes problems with the dhcp and the l3 agents. the solution to this is to run the quantum-ovs-cleanup utility on reboot prior to the dhcp and the l3 agents.

thanks
Gary

Hi Gary,
As I was stresstesting Quantum, I did noticed that the issue is similar on my compute node : instances are unable to get DHCP address.

A quick look at network level shows that there is no GRE encapsulation over DHCP packets. I tried removing/adding br-int/br-tun, but the virtual network interfaces (qvo) don't bridge to br-int if the VM was previously launched. Spawning a new VM is successful, but rebooting (either by virsh destroy/start, or thru Horizon) doesn't allow the qvo interface to be attached again. A restart of nova-compute doesn't do the trick either.

Any idea ?
Thanks,
-Sylvain

Thanks,