Re: Basic query

Hi Ganesh,
There are no issues here - the instances you create are just virtual
servers - log into them as you would any server and treat them as any
server.  Be mindful of what ports are required to operate your middleware
(commonly port 8080 for JBoss or 8009 for the tomcat-connector, between web
servers or other forms of proxy servers, say) - by default nothing gets
through.  You'd typically create a new security group and open up port
8080, 8009 between your web servers and your middleware hosts then
reference that security group when launching your instance.  That will then
open up those ports required to access your services running on the
instances.

The details you need are referenced here:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/part-ii-getting-virtual-machines.html

To realise a benefit of cloud computing though you'd take these manual
steps and automate them - but see how you get on with that to help with
your understanding of how best to use OpenStack for your use.

Regards,
Kev