From: Dolph Mathews [mailto:dolph.mathews@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 2:03 PM
To: Miller, Mark M (EB SW Cloud - R&D - Corvallis)
Cc: openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx); Brownell, Jonathan C (Corvallis)
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Authorization Question

That's correct. Right now, all endpoints registered in keystone are returned to all users, regardless of whether they actually have any sort of authorization on those endpoints.

I suspect we'll be having a planning session at the design summit on this topic -- I'd be helpful to better understand your ideal use case in suppressing endpoints from the catalog? In Grizzly, users, groups, projects, and domains have absolutely no relationship with services and endpoints within keystone. That becomes deployment specific when you consider how RBAC is applied service-side with policy.json, etc, but those services are not necessarily aware of how they appear in the service catalog, nor does keystone interpret policy files other than it's own.

-Dolph