Re: Help with keystone LDAP backend

On that note, I very much like how docs.python.org does it, where not only
is the current page's version prominently specified at the top of the page,
but it also serves as an easy way to switch to another version of the docs,
e.g.: http://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/

-Dolph

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Steven Presser <spresse1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Anne,
>     Yes that would.  What I think might be a better revision is putting
> the version somewhere prominently on the page (say, the upper right hand
> corner, above "<prev|up|next>").
>
> Steve
>

> On 03/04/2013 05:26 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
>
> I've been wondering whether we should have docs.openstack.org/master/ to
> match expectations, would that have helped in your case? Thanks for
> clarifying.
>
> Anne
>

> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Steven Presser <spresse1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>  Apparently the trunk docs.  I could have sworn that wasn't what I
>> bookmarked.  In any case, maybe explicitly marking trunk docs as
>> newer-than-latest would help?
>>
>> (
>> http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/reference-for-ldap-config-options.html)
>>

>> On 03/04/2013 05:09 PM, Dolph Mathews wrote:
>>
>> Yes, this feature just landed during grizzly-m3.
>>
>>  Which docs are you referring to? The variable wasn't included in
>> folsom's etc/keystone.conf.sample, for example.
>>

>>  -Dolph
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Steven Presser <spresse1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>  The answer would appear to be that this flag doesn't do anything in the
>>> Folsom release.  Apprently this was fixed by:
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1122181
>>>
>>> Unless I'm misreading something.  Could we perhaps update the docs to
>>> reflect the fact that this isn't available in releases yet?
>>>

>>> On 03/04/2013 04:08 PM, Steven Presser wrote:
>>>
>>> This is what came out of my logs.  I've bolded what looks relevant to me:
>>>
>>> LDAP init: url=ldap://typhon.acm.jhu.edu
>>> 2013-03-04 16:06:01    DEBUG [keystone.common.ldap.core] LDAP bind:
>>> dn=cn=admin,ou=OpenStack,dc=acm,dc=jhu,dc=edu
>>> 2013-03-04 16:06:01    DEBUG [keystone.common.ldap.core] LDAP search:
>>> dn=ou=Users,ou=OpenStack,dc=acm,dc=jhu,dc=edu, *scope=1*,