Re: How to create a Image which can extend the partition automatically.

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Sylvain Bauza <sylvain.bauza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

resize2fs

but the resize2fs tools is not working and raise following error

$ resize2fs rhel6.3-x86_64.img
resize2fs 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012)
resize2fs: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open
rhel6.3-x86_64.img
Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.

In fact, I have found the partition-resize is implemented in the ubuntu OS.
It is related to could-utils package.
the could-utils has a command tool name growpart, which can rewrite the
partition table and extend space.
When the ubuntu is boot, there are scrips in the initrd.img that can call
the growpart and resize2fs to re-partition.

But on the RHEL, I didn't found the could-utils( it is under development) ,
and no kernel that can call the something like grouppart. So what should I
do on the RHEL to implement re-partition?
--
Lei Zhang

Blog: http://jeffrey4l.github.com
twitter/weibo: @jeffrey4l