Re: what is the difference between 2013.1 and grizzly?

Oleg Gelbukh wrote:
> Generally, grizzly-X is a milestone tag inside release cycle codenamed
> 'Grizzly'.
> Note that tagging scheme has changed between milestones 2 and 3 of
> 'Grizzly' release cycle, so you see 'grizzly-1' and 'grizzly-2' tags but
> no 'grizzly-3'. Milestone 3 of 'Grizzly' is tagged '2013.1.g3' instead.
> Looks like we won't see codenames in tags anymore in following
> development cycles.
> '2013.1.rc1' is a tag referring to release candidate 1 version, and you
> can expect 2013.1.rc2 and so on as well.
> Finally, '2013.1' is the official release version and it reflects that
> it is first release made during year 2013.
>
> Hope this helps and if I've mistaken, someone will correct me.

That's correct. We recently changed the format of our tags (from
grizzly-3 to 2013.1.g3), now that versioning is more closely related to
tag names. Grizzly release candidates are therefore tagged 2013.1.rcX.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack