Re: [Nova] Creating instances with custom UUIDs

API wise I was thinking about something like "nova boot
--custom-instance-uuid ABC..." or something like that. To avoid problems
with any current implementation I would set it to disabled by default and
add a config option to enable it.

As for collisions, my take is that if you're passing a custom UUID you know
what you're doing and is generating them in a way that won't be duplicated.
Just by using standard UUID generators the possibility of collisions are
really really small.

Thanks for the feeback :)

Rafael Rosa Fu