Re: anyone has a sample quantum.conf file that configures a valid quantum.log file?

On Apr 29, 2013, at 6:03 PM, Yuling_C@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m new to Quantum and trying to set up an openstack quantum environment.
>
> I installed a single node environment using DevStack(on a VM) successfully. I noticed that by default there is no log files for quantum. I tried to enable the quantum logging using quantum.conf. However, I haven’t been lucky enough to get it work yet. Just wondering if anyone can share a working sample of quantum.conf that enables logging to a log file?

The default devstack configuration is to have the processes log to a screen session.  If file output is desired, add the following to your localrc

SCREEN_LOGDIR=$DEST/logs/screen

This ensures that log output is also captured to disk - a file per service in the specified output directory.

Thanks,

Maru