Re: Open vSwitch/VXLAN support in Quantum Grizzly ?

Thank you Kyle!
Chris

________________________________
 De : Kyle Mestery (kmestery) <kmestery@xxxxxxxxx>
À : Christophe <clehy@xxxxxxxx>
Cc : "openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé le : Lundi 6 mai 2013 17h08
Objet : Re: [Openstack] Open vSwitch/VXLAN support in Quantum Grizzly ?

On May 6, 2013, at 9:45 AM, Christophe <clehy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Do you know if the Open vSwitch, Quantum and required Quantum Plug-In are already supporting VXLAN?
>
> Thanks

Open vSwitch recently acquired the ability to support VXLAN with the release of 1.10. In addition, upstream Linux supports VXLAN tunnels outside of the scope of OVS as well. There are 2 blueprints for adding this support to the OVS plugin, shown below:

I have a blueprint open to add support to the OVS plugin to support VXLAN here:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/ovs-vxlan-lisp-tunnel

There is also work to integrate OVS with the upstream VXLAN here:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/openvswitch-kernel-vxlan

Neither of these has landed yet, however.

Thanks,
Kyle