Re: Horizon - Internal Server Error when hitting /nova/instances_and_volumes/

On May 8, 2013, at 7:27 AM, Daniel Ellison <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On May 7, 2013, at 2:01 PM, Daniel Ellison <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think I know the source of the problem. I first had to add a logging section for "openstack_dashboard" in local_settings.py despite the fact that there was already a section for "horizon". Then I was able to see the exception that was happening:
>
>    ServiceCatalogException: Invalid service catalog service: volume
>
> I don't have Cinder installed, but it looks like Horizon is expecting it to be there. I don't have a volume endpoint, as far as I can tell. "nova endpoints" only lists glance nova, ec2 and keystone.
>
> Is there a way to disable this behaviour in Horizon? Or is there a setting I'm missing?

I ended up installing Cinder anyway, and now I can get at both instances_and_volumes and images_and_snapshots. I didn't want to have to install something I'm not planning on using, but it was the only way I could think of to get past the sticking point.

The reason I'm not using Cinder is that I created a 6TB LVM volume from two 3TB drives on my server long before I started testing OpenStack, and resizing it now would be a real pain. I don't have easy physical access to the machine itself, so making changes that big is dangerous at best. This whole OpenStack install is for a proof-of-concept anyway, so I can live without Cinder. Or at least, I thought I could :)

Daniel