openstack team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter (May 3 – 10)
OpenStack 2013.1.1 released
2013.1.1 release, the latest in the series of stable releases. These
releases are bugfix updates to Grizzly and are intended to be relatively
risk free with no intentional regressions or API changes. A total of 85
bugs have been fixed in this release.
OpenStack Grizzly documentation released
We have released a version of the OpenStack official documentation for
grizzly and it is now available at http://docs.openstack.org/grizzly. We
continue to update docs through our continuous publishing process so
feedback is always welcome. If you have questions about how OpenStack
documentation is maintained or would like to get involved, see
http://wiki.openstack.org/Documentation/HowTo. We had nearly 80
contributors to the documentation for the Grizzly release. Thanks to
everyone who helped create and maintain accurate information for OpenStack.
Guidelines for answering question on Ask
It’s time we start collecting guidelines for the moderators so we keep
having a very informative tool, with consistently good questions and
answers. This wiki page hosts the draft of the Guidelines for Moderators
welcome before they’re moved to their natural home on Ask OpenStack.
Discussions at Breakfast with the Board – OpenStack April 2013
The summary written by OpenStack Foundation’s Board of Directors of the
things discussed during the Breakfast with the Bard in Portland, ranging
from marketing to wifi, transparency to elections to what makes a
contribution. A must read.
Use existing RBD images and put it into Glance
What if Glance, the OpenStack Image Service, was capable of converting
images within its store, say from QCOW2 image to a RAW? Waiting for this
capability to be added, Sébastien Han <http://sebastien-han.fr/> plays
with a scenario where you have a KVM cluster backed by a Ceph Cluster
and your CTO wants you to migrate the whole environment to OpenStack.
Science fiction in action.
* Nova uses insecure keystone middleware tmpdir by default
* Keystone tokens not immediately invalidated when user is deleted
OpenStack In The Wild
A new section of the weekly newsletter dedicated to users of OpenStack.
If you want to showcase how OpenStack helps you (or you know somebody
that uses OpenStack) please let us know: email
<http://www.reddit.com/r/openstack/> or avian carrier
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers> will do). More
content from Portland Summit:
* Using OpenStack In A Traditional Hosting Environment
* OpenStack Atlanta Meetup
<http://www.meetup.com/openstack-atlanta/events/107062982/> May 16,
2013 – Atlanta, USA Details
* OpenStack Dublin Meetup
<http://www.meetup.com/OpenStack-Ireland/events/116567022/> May 22,
2013 – Dublin, Ireland Details
* 3rd London OpenStack Meetup
<http://www.meetup.com/Openstack-London/events/116975682/> May 23,
2013 – London, UK Details
* OpenStack DACH Day
<http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/3/prweb10526716.htm> May 24,
2013 – Berlin Fairgrounds Details
* OpenStack India Meetup
26, 2013 – Bangalore, India at Anuta Network Details
* OpenStack Israel <http://www.openstack-israel.org/> May 27, 2013 –
Tel-Aviv, Israel Details <http://www.openstack-israel.org/>
* Australian OpenStack User Group tri-city Meetup
<http://aosug.openstack.org.au/> May 27, 2013 – Australia Details
* OpenStack at CeBit Australia <http://www.cebit.com.au/> May 28 – 30,
2013 – Sidney, Australia Booth in Hall 4 <http://www.cebit.com.au/>
* OpenStack CEE Day <http://openstackceeday.com/> May 29, 2013 –
Budapest, Hungary Details <http://openstackceeday.com/>
* Building an OpenStack Cloud
30, 2013 – Chicago, IL Details
* OpenStack meeting in Munich
<http://www.meetup.com/openstack-de/events/109700562/> Jun 11, 2013
– Munich, Germany Details
* GigaOM Structure <http://event.gigaom.com/structure/> Jun 19 – 20,
2013 – San Francisco, CA Details <http://event.gigaom.com/structure/>
* OpenStack DevCamp Essen
<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/DevCamp/EssenGermany2013> Jun 21 –
23, 2013 – Essen, Germany Details
* PyCon Australia – OpenStack Miniconf
<http://2013.pycon-au.org/programme/schedule/friday> Jul 05, 2013 –
Hobart, Australia Details
* OSCON 2013 <http://www.oscon.com/oscon2013> Jul 22 – 26, 2013 –
Portland, OR Details <http://www.oscon.com/oscon2013>
* Rant about Github pull-request workflow implementation
* Open Marketing Meeting – May 15
* Fixes and upgrades to Search on OpenStack Activity Board
* OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary
and full logs
Welcome New Developers
* Matt Wagner, Redhat
Ask OpenStack <https://ask.openstack.org/> is the go-to destination for
OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
* Can I still use nova-network in Grizzly?
* VM stops boot right after initializing tun
* Why do I get “Could not find token” error using Swift with s3 API?
* How do I effectively disable/enable a tenant using the API?
* How do I debug Nova service with eclipse and pydev
* What causes error “service n-net is not running” when running
* How to list Server Id using python-novaclient Python API?
* Is it possible to modify a network while in use?
* How to set up metadata service on a flat network?
* Keystone remove_user command removing ALL users not just the
* How do I debug Nova service with eclipse and pydev
* ENABLE_TENANT_TUNNELS, OVS Version check in Compute fails
* How to make openstack_auth the default authentication backend for
/The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the
various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add
content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please
leave a comment./